If you’re looking for a great immigration lawyer look no further best lawyer ever!! Philip is the best! He helped me out every step of the way and was always 100% honest and trustworthy.
Philip and team have been absolutely wonderful in handling my E2 visa renewal. I'm an uptight Brit and find the whole visa process one of the most stressful things I have ever done. They held my hand through the whole process and stopped me spinning out of control.
I hired 3 immigration lawyers before I hired Philip Levin. Philip was methodical, caring and communicative the entire way and made the ordeal of dealing with the INS a lot easier. He was successful in getting my permanent residency and eventually help me though the citizenship process.
My work recently moved me to the US and my wife is Australian. Phil and his team worked diligently from day 1 and communicated well. They think outside the box (but certainly by the book) on how to expedite things for you...I did have a particularly tough case and they were able to turn it around in 4 months.
San Francisco Immigration Lawyer Philip M. Levin has been practicing U.S. Immigration and Nationality law for over twenty (20) years. From May 1985 to December 1990, Mr. Levin served as an Associate at Lawler & Lawler, where he specialized in family and business immigration and litigated cases on behalf of clients before the U.S. Federal District Court in San Francisco, California. Since 1990, Mr. Levin has been a Certified Specialist in Immigration Law by the State Bar of California.
Philip was recently interviewed by Super Lawyers on the new normal during covid 19 lockdown. Read this article about coping skills during COVID-19.
Mr. Levin represents clients before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS), United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), as well as the U.S. Department of State (DOS) and U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). He has assisted corporate clients in developing winning strategies to hire and retain talented employees from all over the world. He has also helped hundreds of families immigrate to the U.S.
Since 1991, Mr. Levin has focused his practice exclusively on Immigration and Nationality Law and has developed an expertise in assisting both companies and families in meeting their needs. His corporate clients include members of the biotechnology, engineering, accounting, real estate construction, science, and financial services industries.
Mr. Levin's public engagements include being a guest lecturer at San Francisco State University, the John F. Kennedy School of Law in Pleasant Hill and the New College School of Law in San Francisco. He has also spoken on various immigration topics at:
The American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) seminars - Admissibility, Removal and Relief from Removal (1999), E Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors (2000, 2004); Rotary Clubs; and, The Bar Association of San Francisco Barristers Club.
In addition, Mr. Levin has also written on various business-related immigration issues for The Recorder and Online Publishing, Inc.
Mr. Levin received the Wiley W. Manuel Award for Pro Bono Service from the Board of Governors of the State Bar of California, and has also been on the Board of Directors of Legal Aid of Marin since 2006.
- 30% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Immigration Law, State Bar of California, 1990
- California, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California, 1983 J.D.
- Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts, 1980 CBA Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Issues in E Status Processing Under USCIS Regulations, 17th Annual AILA California Chapters Conference Handbook, Pg. 67, 2004
- Guest Lecturer, Immigration Law, San Francisco State University
- Guest Lecturer, Immigration Law, John F. Kennedy Law School
- Guest Lecturer, Immigration Law, New College School of Law
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 1988 - Present
- E Visa (Traders and Investors), AILA Mentor to the Association at large
- Legal Aid of Marin, Board of Directors, 2006 - Present
Past Employment Positions:
- Appellate Division of San Francisco Superior Court, Law Clerk
- The Law Offices of Jeffrey B. Neustadt, Law Clerk
- The Law Offices of Weber & Wilson, Law Clerk
- Lawler & Lawler, Associate